The API ImageViewer simulates a microscope, allowing laboratories to view a virtual image of the selected cells, as well as the surrounding fields.
API ImageViewer can be used with the following programs:
- 152-Sperm Morphology
- 168-Body Fluid Microscopy (Virtual Only)
- 181-Body Fluid Microscopy (#168 + photos)
- 224-Blood Cell ID (CMS Scored) (Virtual Only)
- 225-Blood Cell ID (Not CMS Scored) (Virtual Only)
- 233-Microscopy Package (Virtual Only)
- 234-Urine Sediment (Virtual Only)
- 251-Waived and Microscopy Package (for Microscopy Photos only)
- 258-Urine Eosinophils (Virtual Only)
- 259-Advanced Blood Cell ID
- 286-Blood Cell ID (CMS Scored) (#224 + photos)
- 288-Urine Sediment (#234 + photos)
- 289-Urine Eosinophils (#258 + photos)
- 291-Blood Cell ID (Not CMS Scored) (#225 + photos)
- 319-Gram Stain – Vaginitis
- 329-Gram Stain – Direct Smears
- 334-Parasitology (for Blood Smear Photo and Stool Prep Photo only)
- 336-Blood Parasites
To Access Images on the API ImageViewer:
- Log in to Paperless Proficiency Testing.
- Select Enter Results, in the teal section, on the left-hand side of the screen.
- The Current Events page will open. Click on the event name, event number, and kit number (ex. Hematology/Coagulation – 1st Event – Kit 1).
- Click on the test name (ex. Blood Cell Identification).
- On the Enter Test Results screen, there will be a microscope icon under each Sample ID# (ex. BCI-01). Moving the cursor over the microscope icon will cause a pop-up of the image to appear.
- Click on the microscope icon under the Sample ID# that you wish to view. The selected image should open in a new browser window.
- Once the API ImageViewer is open, you can navigate between the other Sample ID#s (with the same prefix) without navigating to the previous screen.
To view or download a complete set of instructions, please click the file name at the bottom of this section. You may also access these instructions under the PPT - Entering and Submitting Results Section of the Help Desk.